Staughton Vale Estate State School (SS3630) opened at 1272 Bacchus Marsh-Balliang Road in 1910 and was subsequently renamed Balliang. It was rebuilt in 1945 following a fire, although the distinctive shelter shed survived. The school was closed in 1995 and became a district brigade headquarters of the Country Fire Authority. The original school building and the shelter shed are subject to a Moorabool Shire Council heritage overlay.
The heritage listed shelter shed survived the 1944 fire, and now houses empty paint cans and broken chairs. So much for history.
Former Balliang Primary School No. 3630 – Victorian Heritage Database