Ferntree Gully Technical School opened in temporary accommodation in 1954, moving into a new building on the corner of Willow Road and Burwood Highway later that year. In 1990 it was rebadged as Glenfern Secondary College and a few years later became affiliated with Swinburne University. However, declining enrolments led to its closure in 1996. The school was demolished and the site sold to make way for a housing estate.
The Swinburne affiliation took the form of the Glenfern Study Centre, a multi-modal tertiary learning centre established within the school grounds. It met its demise with the school’s closure.
Ferntree Gully Tech – public Facebook group
Glenfern Secondary College – public Facebook group