State School 1691 opened in a one-room bluestone building in 1876, located on the Hamilton Highway near the Moorabool River. It was closed in 1996 but the building survived thanks to a Heritage Overlay applied by the City of Greater Geelong. The site passed into private hands and became a known source of used Kombi vans.
This area is changing fast. New housing estates and a light industrial zone will transform the land around the former primary school before long.
Fyansford.com – public Facebook group that caters for the local community. Devotes attention to the former primary school.
Fyansford – local history website that includes a section on Fyansford Primary School.