State School 1094, originally known as Geelong East New Vested School, was opened in 1871. Located on Swanston Street, the brick building was remodelled, and the school expanded in 1912. The school was closed at the end of 1993 and the buildings were acquired by the Geelong Hospital (for $950k), which transferred its psychiatric wards into the former primary school.
Geelong Hospital is now known as University Hospital Geelong, a key site of Barwon Health. The former primary school is now known as the Swanston Centre, the Acute Psychiatric Admissions Unit. A major refurbishment project is underway.
No Facebook pages in evidence. However, the Geelong and District history site is worth a look.