Malvern Girls School was opened in 1946, co-locating in the buildings of the long-established Tooronga Road Central School (SS2586), now known as Malvern Primary School. Over the following 20 years increasing enrolments saw more classrooms taken from the primary school, purpose built facilities added, and the status changed to Malvern Girls High School. The school closed in 1993 and the buildings reverted to Malvern Primary use. Some former students made their way to a new entity: Melbourne Girls’ College.
Malvern Girls School – Malvern Historical Society Facebook page