State School 4736 opened on the junction of Loughnan and Warrandyte Roads in 1956. By 1965 the school’s population was approaching 700, but dwindling enrolments led to its closure at the end of 1993. The school was promptly sold ($1.1m) and subdivided for multiple purposes. Most of the site became the new home of Ringwood Bowls Club in 1997, while there was also room for Della Dale Aged Care and the Remington Court housing estate.
Ringwood Bowls Club does not mention the former primary school in its history. Neither does Della Dale Aged Care (Eildon Nursing Home until 2002). Fortunately, Ringwood and District Historical Society is very active.
Norwood Primary School 4736 Ringwood, Victoria – private Facebook group