Richmond Technical School opened in 1926 on Church Street, behind the Richmond Town Hall. From the beginning the school specialised in training motor mechanics, and became integral to the growth of the automotive industry. In 1988 it was merged with Richmond High to form the dual campus Richmond Secondary College. This was short-lived however, as the College was closed in 1992. The Technical School site was cleared to make way for a police station and a McDonald’s restaurant.
Richmond Technical School 1964 – Facebook page by Richmond and Burnley Historical Society
Richmond Technical School, Melbourne, 1986 – YouTube video (appalling quality)